Saturday, July 11, 2009

Flirty from the 40's

So I had some extra fabric in my fabric draw when I got the idea for a dress. What better way to reduce your carbon footprint than to use left over fabric to make my dress rather than drive my emissions producing vehicle to the store to spend money that I don't have? I mean look at that lace its BEAUTIFUL! For this dress I used simplicity pattern #2884.Though I did alter the pattern a bit because it was not intended to have a lace overlay. So I modified it and it turned out just fine. The only thing to be aware of is how it is a bit difficult to put in a zipper. This was my first time to put in a zipper and it went pretty smoothly thanks to the video on youtube though I will admit I did have to use a seem ripper a time or two. Hope your dress turns out as pretty as mine.

In this picture I paired my dress with some colorful Gerber Daisies and some sleek pointy triangle toed pumps!

No comments:

Post a Comment