Saturday, July 11, 2009

Green Groceries


I love going to the grocery store with my mom. Why? Because cooking is another form of art though that would be my sister's forte not mine. Did you know that in a landfill plastic bags take up to 100 years to degrade!! And even then they don't just go away they break down into tiny pieces of plastic that threaten our ecosystem. I am going to show you a substitution for plastic bags.
Here is what to do:

Materials:
• A few old shirts. I used tank tops so that I wouldn’t have to cut off the sleeves, but you can use t-shirts.
• Sewing machine or materials to sew by hand.

Procedure:
• If you are using a t-shirt cut off the sleeves.
• Flip the shirt inside out and stitch the bottom hems together closing off the shirt.
• Flip your shirt right side out and head to the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment