Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sparkle Sparkle Sash

My mom had this dress that she used to wear ALL THE TIME when I was little! I LOVED it! It is the great silvery black sparkly material! I mean when I was little sparkle fabric is a GREAT distraction. Hahaha! So recently I was helping my mom clean out her closet out the with old styles and in with the new. You know? Anyways she pulled out THE DRESS and said well I guess this length is not really in style anymore so I think I am going to get rid of it! First thought through my head, "WHAT NO WAY??!!" So of course me being the upcycling fiend that I am I asked if I could have it. I took one look at it and knew exactly what I was gonna do!

Materials:
1 long out of style dress made out of FABULOUS material
Scissors
Strip of material that matches the fabric of your dress
A sewing machine
Some sewing pins
Needle and Thread or sewing machine


Procedure:
1. Pick out a out of style dress that is made of FABULOUS fabric.



2. Measure how long you want your dress and how much you need to cut off.
3. Add 1/2 to the length of your dress for hem allowance.
4. Cut off the bottom length of the dress.



5. Using your sewing pins pin a half inch seam on the bottom of the dress and stitch.
6. Using the bottom part of the dress you just cut off pin a cowl neck to the neck of the dress and stitch.
7. Using the strip of left over fabric that I had you get after you put on the dress tie it on as a sash.
8. Go out and look beautiful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment